Thursday, September 2, 2010

I-Pad = Cool and Useful

This is my first real sketch done on a borrowed I-Pad. Not great, but then it's not that bad either, for painting with my fingers. I'm pretty excited about the potential in its portability. It's a sketchpad on steroids.

Has anyone else tried sketching on an I-Pad, if so what have you liked and disliked and which apps have you liked the best?

I did this one with Brushes. Simple set of brushes and controls but it worked, and the playback of the painting process was really fun to watch--kind of like watching yourself perform.

4 comments:

  1. I like how this one reads, Dixon and the touch of color is nice.
    You need to check out David Kassan's video on Youtube. Might help with some of your questions:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5OLP4nbAVA4

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Kim. That's dang cool! It's like having paints with you but with no mess--plus an undo button.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks excellent. I have Brushes for my iPod and art like this makes me salivate for the iPad.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Glendon Mellow. Yeah, the extra screen space makes it way easier.

    ReplyDelete